Friday, April 12, 2013

April Challenge: Project Pan // + March Challenge results

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
Bonus points to the reader that can name the show I borrowed that line from without looking it up. ;D
 
 
My final goal was to start to learn to trust myself . . . how did I do?
 
Results: Once broken, it's hard to earn back - even something as simple as trust in oneself.  All in all, I was able to trust myself more than when I started the challenge, which is a step in the right direction for me. 
 
While I'm not exactly where I want to be, I do consider March's challenge a success that I will continue to grow with.
 
Now then - tally onward!

April Challenge: Project Pan
A bathroom picture?!
I spoil you guys.
So what the heck is Project Pan?
 
Project Pan orginated from the head of some random beauty guru on YouTube (Google does not know which one - the answers that popped up aren't confirmable on YouTube) and was orginally meant as a beauty resolution: the idea is that you won't buy more make-up products until you use up certain products you already own [make up has an expiration date, ya'll!].
 
I am taking PP one step further; I always did like to up the odds. 
 
I'm not swearing off just buying unneccesary make-up; I'm swearing off buying everything that is unneccesary. 
 
As a society, we are far too interested in material possesions. 
Personally, there are very few items I cherish (journals dating back to my kindergarten years, a stuffed animal my great-grandfather bought me the day I was born [his name is Fritz!  The dog, not GGF.]), and I'm quite proud of that; I am not ruled by my possesions.
 
I have a lot of stuff that I have purchased in the past 5 years that I don't use much - perfumes, clothing, facial beauty stuff (b/c when I was younger I was determined: I would not age physically ;]P ) - and it's time to use it up and wear it out.
 
So for April, my goal is to use up what I have, not buy excess, and to not buy something I already have until it is neccesary to replace it . . . if the item turns out to be neccesary at all (Journals?  Definitely.  Nail polish?  Not so much).
 
What is something you buy extra of?
Is there an item you could add to your "Project Pan" list?
Sound off! ^^
Kelsey E. Benedict


6 comments:

  1. As odd as it is...drinks. I drink a lot. Not booze, just beverages. Soda, juice, whatever. I've already been working on it for a while, keeping water on hand constantly so I can handle my thirst...but yeah...I should push this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that while working with you - you always came in with some sort of beverage!

      Delete
  2. Hey there, hi there, ho there, you're as welcome as can be. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, very good!
      Did you use to watch the show? :D

      Delete
  3. I was considering spending $55 on a bunch of new hair dyes that just came out but now I'm rethinking it since I really don't need them(which is probably a good thing since $55 is quite a bit of money to be spending on hair dye!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten quite good at purchasing hair dye on sale - even when I don't quite "need it." C;

      Delete

Hey Lovely, thanks for your contribution to the conversation. :D♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...